Configure custom HTTP servers
After creating a middleware server representation of a custom HTTP server in the administrative console, you must update a few configuration settings so that they are defined specifically for the custom HTTP server installation.
Federate the node running the custom HTTP server and create a representation of the server in the administrative console.
To perform server operations on the server from the administrative console, configure the server operations for the custom HTTP server middleware server representation.
Configure server operations for the custom HTTP server to include the user name and password.
- In the administrative console, click Servers > Server types > Custom HTTP servers > custom_http_server > Server operations.
- Edit the start and stop server operations.
- Define the location of the process ID (PID) file on the server. Create the PID file name environment variable. The PID file name specifies the location of the PID file where the server operation runs. To define the PID file name variable, click Servers > All servers > custom_http_server > Variables > New or Environment > WebSphere variables > New. Enter the same name for the variable that you entered in the server operations panel, and for the value, enter the fully qualified or variable qualified location of the PID file.
What to do next
- To use this configuration when we are configuring the other custom HTTP servers, create a server template of the current custom HTTP server.
- Use the external log viewing service to view the log files for your custom HTTP server from the administrative console.
- Use the external configuration service to edit the configuration files for the custom HTTP server from the administrative console.
- After creating representations of all the custom HTTP servers, we can add the representations to a dynamic cluster.
Middleware nodes and servers Supported middleware server types
Configure middleware server operations Add middleware servers to configurations Create middleware server templates Configure the external log viewing service Create dynamic clusters Add assisted lifecycle middleware servers Add, managing, and removing nodes
Intelligent Management: middleware server creation administrative tasks addNode command