Disable static routing for a cluster
Because the information contained in a static routing table does not account for server runtime state, you should delete this table and return to using the dynamic routing table as soon as the high availability infrastructure is enabled. When you delete the static routing table, cluster members automatically resume using dynamic routing to handle enterprise bean requests.
To delete the static routing table.
- For each member of the cluster, set the ORB_LISTENER_ADDRESS port to 0 (zero).
- In the console, click Servers > Server Types > WebSphere application servers > server_name, and then in the Communications section, click Ports.
- Click ORB_LISTENER_ADDRESS in the Port name field.
- Change the value specified for the Port field to 0.
- Manually delete the static route table file from the config directory of the deployment manager for the cluster.
The path to this config directory was included in the message that you received when you originally exported this file. If we did not retain this information, we can do a search in the deployment manager config directory for the file cluster_name.wsrttbl.
- Synchronize the configuration changes across nodes.
- Clear the configuration repository Epoch. If we do not clear the configuration repository Epoch, the synchronization only updates the files that the configure service component edited, which does not include the file containing the static routing table.
set configRepository [$AdminControl completeObjectName node=node,type=ConfigRepository,*] $AdminControl invoke $configRepository refreshRepositoryEpoch
configRepository = AdminControl.completeObjectName('node=node, type=ConfigRepository,*') AdminControl.invoke(configRepository, 'refreshRepositoryEpoch')
- Repeat this process for each node to synchronize.
- Stop the cluster. Follow the instructions specified either the Stopping clusters or Stopping clusters topic.
- Start the cluster again. Follow the instructions specified either the Start clusters or Start clusters topic.
- Exit wsadmin.sh.
ResultsThe cluster members resume using the dynamic routing table to handle IIOP requests.
Enable static routing for a cluster Saving configuration changes with wsadmin.sh Synchronize nodes using wsdmin.sh Start the wsadmin scripting client Stopping clusters Stopping clusters Start clusters Start clusters