Enable user profiles to run application servers with System i Navigator
Except for the default user profile (QEJBSVR), all user profiles used to run an application server must be enabled through the System i Navigator for the WAS.
The user profile that you use to run the System i Navigator must have *SECADM special authority to perform this task.
To enable a user profile to use the System i Navigator to run application servers:
- Open the System i Navigator.
- Right click the icon for the WAS.
- Select Application Administration on the menu.
- Click the Host Applications tab.
- Expand QIBM_EJB_PRODUCT.
- Expand QIBM_EJB_GROUP_OF_FUNCS.
- Select QIBM_EJB_SERVER_FUNC, and click Customize
- In the Users and groups list box, select the user profile under which you want the application servers to run.
- Click the Add button to add the user profile to the Usage allowed list and then click OK.
- On the Application Administration panel, click OK.
ResultsThe selected user profile can use the System i Navigator to run application servers.
Manage the QWAS85 subsystem for WebSphere Application Server