Controlling the minimum and maximum number of servants
We can control the minimum or maximum number of servants for a server using the console. The minimum value is useful for starting up a basic number of servants before the work arrives. This can reduce delays while waiting for the workload manager (WLM) to start up additional servants.
The maximum value is useful for capping the number of address spaces that are started by WLM for each server instance, if you determine that excessive servant regions are contributing to service degradation.
- Start the console.
- Click Servers > Server Types > WebSphere application servers > server_name.
- Under Server Infrastructure, click Java and process management > Server instance
- Type a value into the Minimum Number of Instances and Maximum Number of Instances fields, or leave these fields blank to allow WLM to determine the numbers.
- Click Apply to finish the Server Instance changes.
- Click Save to save the changes.
Enable multiple servants on z/OS
Server instance settings