Manage default profiles
We can create default profiles for the operating system. Scripts that do not specify a profile use the default profile.
Default profiles are included with the product. A profile is a set of configuration files and installed applications that make up the WAS environment.
- Install the web server plug-in feature without the core product feature to create a default remote HTTP profile.
- Install the secure proxy server feature without the core product feature to create a default secure proxy profile.
- Install the application client feature without the core product feature to create the default application client profile.
- Install WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment to create the default cell profile.
The cell profile consists of two profiles:
- The dmgr profile
- A federated node profile belonging to the cell that the dmgr profile manages. The federated node profile contains a single application server.
ResultsDepending on the steps that you performed, you have created at least one default profile.
What to do nextContinue configuring the environment if you have not completed the configuration.
- (iseries) Default application server profiles
The default WebSphere Application Server profile provides the necessary configuration files for starting and managing the application server that it contains. Become familiar with the cell, node, servers, applications and ports for the default profile.
- (iseries) Default secure proxy profiles
The name of the default secure proxy profile is SecureProxySrv01. This profile is created when you install the secure proxy server feature.
- (iseries) Default application client profiles
The application client profile contains configuration files and properties files used to configure and run an application client. This profile does not contain an application server.
- (iseries) Default federated server profiles
We can use the addNode script or the WAS Network Deployment console to federate a profile into a WAS Network Deployment cell.
- (iseries) Default dmgr profiles
When you install WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment, two profiles are created: a standalone application server profile named default; and a dmgr profile named dmgr. The standalone application server profile is the default profile with respect to scripts.
- (iseries) Default remote HTTP profiles
The name of the default remote HTTP profile is http. This profile is created when you install the web server plug-in.
(iseries) Default secure proxy profiles
(iseries) Default application client profiles
(iseries) Default federated server profiles
(iseries) Default dmgr profiles
(iseries) Default remote HTTP profiles