Install fix packs on the Web Server Plug-ins using the GUI
We can update the Web Server Plug-ins to a later version using the Installation Manager GUI.
Make sure the web-based or local service repository location is listed and checked or that the Search service repositories during installation and updates option is selected on the Repositories panel in the Installation Manager preferences. For more information on using service repositories with Installation Manager, read the IBM Installation Manager Version 1.6 Information Center or the IBM Installation Manager Version 1.5 Information Center.
For information on installing and removing fix packs for WebSphere Application Server offerings on distributed operating systems using the Installation Manager command line, read the following articles in this information center:
- Install fix packs on distributed operating systems using the command line
- Uninstall fix packs from distributed operating systems using the command line
- Start Installation Manager.
- Click Update.
If we are prompted to authenticate, use the IBM ID and password that you use to access protected IBM software websites.
- Select the package group to update.
If we select Update all, Installation Manager will search all of the added and predefined repositories for recommended updates to all of the package groups that it has installed.
- Use this feature only if you have full control over which fixes are contained in the targeted repositories.
- If we create and point to a set of custom repositories that include only the specific recommended fixes to install, you should be able to use this feature confidently.
- If we enable searching service repositories or install fixes directly from other live web-based repositories, you might not want to select this option so that we can select only the fixes to install for each offering on subsequent panels.
- If we select Update all, Installation Manager will install only the recommended updates to all of the package groups; it will not allow you to select non-recommended fixes for installation. To install non-recommended fixes, perform the following actions:
- On this panel, clear the Update all check box and select an offering to update.
- On the next panel, clear the option to show only recommended fixes and then select the fixes to install.
- Click Next.
- Select the version to which to update under Web Server Plug-ins for IBM WebSphere Application Server.
- Click Next.
- Accept the terms in the license agreements, and click Next.
- Review the summary information, and click Update.
- If the installation is successful, the program displays a message indicating that installation is successful.
- If the installation is not successful, click View Log File to troubleshoot the problem.
- Click Finish.
- Click File > Exit to close Installation Manager.
Install and uninstall the Web Server Plug-ins on distributed operating systems Install the Web Server Plug-ins using the GUI Install the Web Server Plug-ins using response files Install the Web Server Plug-ins using the command line Uninstall fix packs from the Web Server Plug-ins using the GUI Uninstall Web Server Plug-ins using the GUI Uninstall the Web Server Plug-ins using response files Uninstall the Web Server Plug-ins using the command line