Manage versions of sharable appliance settings
Every time that sharable appliance settings are changed, the DataPower appliance manager automatically creates a copy of the new shareable appliance settings as a new settings version. We can view a list of all of the available settings versions that are available for an managed set, we can change which version is the active version, or we can copy a version to another managed set.
To manage the versions of sharable appliance settings for a managed set, in the console, click Servers > DataPower > Managed sets > managedset_name, and then, in the Settings section, click Version history. Then complete one or more of the following actions to display a list of all of the versions of sharable appliance settings that are available for a managed set, display information about a specific version, deploy a previous version, or associate a version with another managed set.
- View the list of available versions.
- To change which sharable appliance settings version is the active version, select a version, and then click Change Settings Version . The DataPower appliance manager automatically synchronizes all of the appliances in the managed set to use the new active version.
- To view information about a specific version, click the name of that version.
- To change the description specified for a specific version, click the name of that version and update the Description field.
- To associate the selected version to another managed set, click the name of that version, and then, in the Additional Properties section, click Copy to another managed set.
- Use the wizard, choose a managed set from the list of managed sets, and then click Next
- View the summary information to verify that you have selected the correct managed set, and then click Finish
The Copy to another Managed Set wizard starts and enables you to copy the selected version to a different managed set. The sharable appliance settings are applied to all appliances in this other managed set.
Avoid trouble: After the initial copy of the sharable appliance settings, the two managed sets are managed independently. Therefore, future changes to the sharable appliance settings in one managed set are not reflected in the other managed set.gotcha
If we click Servers > DataPower > Managed sets, click the name of the managed set selecteded in the wizard, and then, in the Settings section, click Version history, you should see a new version as the active sharable appliance settings version for that managed set. The new active version is the version that the Copy to another Managed Set wizard created during the copy process.
What to do next
Change the active settings version or copying the settings to another managed set causes a task to be created. To monitor the progress of this task, in the console, click Servers > DataPower > Tasks
- Sets history collection for a DataPower appliance manager
Use this page to view the settings history for a DataPower appliance manager. A settings version is an automatically generated copy of the sharable appliance settings for the master appliance in a managed set.
- Sets version Collection
Use this page to view detailed information about a specific settings version for the appliances in a managed set. A settings version is an automatically generated copy of the shareable appliance settings for the appliances in a managed set.
WebSphere DataPower appliance manager overview
Add new firmware versions to the DataPower appliance manager