Back up the WAS for z/OS system
This topic discusses methods for backing up configuration and data for the WAS for z/OS system.
Use the following guidelines to back up parts of the WAS for z/OS system.
- Back up the HFS containing the WAS for z/OS configuration (e.g. WebSphere/V5R0M0/AppServer).
- Back up the RMDATA log for Resource Recovery Service (RRS). Otherwise, a failure could force you to do a cold start of RRS.
- Set the ARCHIVE log retention period to one day.
- Incorporate the following items in the normal backup procedures:
- WebSphere Application Server for z/OS procedure libraries.
- WebSphere Application Server for z/OS load libraries.
- The directory where WebSphere Application Server for z/OS run-time information is written. The default is /WebSphere/V5R0M0.
- Back up our own application executable files, databases, and bindings.
- If we wish to back up a single server, we can use the export/import function in the Administrative Console. For details on how to do this, see the assembling applications information.