Runtime tasks collection
Tasks are generated by runtime components . When a task generates, information is provided so that we can accept or deny the suggested action plan. There are various types of tasks, depending on the task actions and status. To view this console page, click System administration > Task management > Runtime tasks. From this page, we can act on a task, view the task target objects and view the task action plan.
We can filter the list of runtime tasks by state or severity. To save the filter that you create, select Preferences and Retain filter criteria. Click Apply to save the filter. To remove the saved filter, click Reset.
Select the action for the task. We can perform the following actions on approval type tasks:
- Accept: By accepting the task, the previewed action plan runs.
- Deny: By denying the task, it is placed in inactive status if the task is not submitted again in the next batch of task submissions by the originating component.
- Close: By closing the task, the task has been successfully handled by the task management service or manually closed.
We can act on multiple tasks concurrently. After you act on a task, the action list is unavailable for that task.
For tasks that are not approval type tasks, the accept and deny actions are unavailable.
Specifies the global ID and an explanation of the task.
Current state of the task.
- New: The task is new.
- Renewed: In the previous task submissions from the originating component, this task was active, so the status is renewed.
- Expired: The task is no longer valid.
- Denied: The administrator declined running this task
- Suppressed: In the previous task submissions from the originating component, this task was present and denied. When the same task displays again, it is suppressed.
- In progress: The task is currently running.
- Closed: The task has been manually taken care of and closed by the administrator. The task is completed.
- Failed: The task ran, but failed.
- Succeeded: The task ran successfully.
- Unknown: The state of the task cannot be determined.
Specifies the global severity of the task, which is relative to the task target object severities.
Date and time the task was submitted by runtime component.