We can use the appEditionRename.py script to change the edition of all applications installed on a server or a cluster, excluding system applications.
LocationThe appEditionRename.py script is in the app_server_root/bin directory.
UsageThe following syntax describes the default script usage:
./wsadmin.sh -lang jython -f appEditionRename.py
- Renames all non-system applications installed on a specified cluster.
Argument Description newEdition New edition name cluster Name of the target cluster
- Renames all non-system applications installed on a specified server.
Argument Description node Name of the node server Name of the server on the node
- Allows users to preview the applications that will be renamed. All applications that will be renamed are listed.
- Edition of an application.
- Allows users to exclude applications that are not to be modified. For example, if a user wants to exclude the applications of app1 and app1 that are part of edition two, then the user would set -excludedApps=app1,app1-editiontwo.
- Identify the target cluster with applications to be renamed.
Run the script with the -test option to identify the applications that will be renamed.
-renameForCluster cluster1 2 -test
- Ensure that only expected applications are renamed.
If applications need to be excluded, use the -excludedApps option to prevent the applications from being renamed.
-renameForCluster cluster1 2 -test -excludedApps=AppB,AppC,AppD-edition2
- Run the script without the -test option to rename the applications.
-renameForCluster cluster1 2 -excludedApps=AppB,AppC,AppD-edition2
Create dynamic clusters