Default dmgr profiles
When you install WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment, two profiles are created: a standalone application server profile named default; and a dmgr profile named dmgr. The standalone application server profile is the default profile with respect to scripts.
For information about the default standalone application server profile, see Default application server profiles. When invoking scripts which act upon, or are relative to, the deployment manager, specify -profileName dmgr when invoking the script.
The name of the dmgr profile created when you install WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment is dmgr. The dmgr profile is contained in the directory structure under
This profile provides the necessary configuration files for starting and managing the deployment manager server that it contains. The profile also provides everything necessary to configure and manage WebSphere Application Server profiles, or nodes, that are in the deployment manager cell.
The dmgr profile contains an application server with a server name of dmgr. The dmgr application server is a special application server containing the deployment manager. The dmgr server contains the WAS Network Deployment console application and the WAS Network Deployment file transfer application. These applications enable the distributed management of one or more WebSphere Application Server profiles, or nodes.
The following properties are available for the default profile:
- Profile name
- Cell name
- hostnameNetwork, where hostname is the host name of the server, for example, MYISERIESNetwork. The cell name is case-sensitive.
- Node name
- hostnameManager, where hostname is the host name of the server, for example, MYISERIESManager. The node name is case-sensitive.
- Application server name
- dmgr. The application server name is case-sensitive.
The dmgr server includes these applications, which enable the distributed management of one or more WebSphere Application Server profiles, or nodes.
- The WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment console application
- Use console application to configure and manage the deployment manager, application servers, enterprise applications, and other WebSphere Application Server resources within the WAS Network Deployment cell.
- The filetransfer application
- The file transfer application transfers configuration and application files from the deployment manager to one or more managed nodes in the WAS Network Deployment cell.
The dmgr profile is configured to use the ports listed in the Port number settings article in the information center. To change any of these ports, run the chgwassvr script from Qshell:app_server_root/bin/chgwassvr -server dmgr [options]where [options] specifies the parameters for the port to change. For example, to change the console port to 9091, run this command:app_server_root/bin/chgwassvr -server dmgr -admin 9091The command is split on multiple lines for printing purposes.
For more information about the script, see the article on the chgwassvr command in the information center.
To display information such as node name, ports used, servers and installed applications for the default profile, run the dspwasinst script from Qshell. For more information, see the article on the dspwasinst command in the information center.
Manage default profiles