Update the global Web server plug-in configuration setting
To create or update a global plug-in configuration file. The settings this file contains are based on the topology of the cell that contains the applications servers that use this Web server plug-in. The Web server plug-in configuration file settings determine whether an appserver or the Web server handles user requests.
A global Web server plug-in configuration file must be regenerated whenever:
- You change the settings for an appserver, cluster, Web container transport, or virtual host alias contained in the cell.
- You add a new appserver, cluster, Web container transport, or virtual host alias to the cell.
The generated plugin-cfg.xml file is placed in the %was_profile_home%/config/cells directory. If the Web server is located on a remote machine, manually move this file to that machine.
To view this admin console page, click Environment > Update global Web server plug-in configuration.
Click OK to update the global plugin-cfg.xml file.
Click View or download the current Web server plug-in configuration file to:
- View the current version of the file before you update it.
- View the file after it is updated.
- Download a copy of this file to a remote machine.
set a global Web server plug-in configuration file