Introduction: Administrative console
The admin console is a graphical interface that allows you to manage the applications and perform system administration tasks for the WAS environment. The admin console runs in the Web browser.
Your actions in the console modify a set of XML configuration files.
Use the admin console to perform tasks such as:
- Add, delete, start, and stop appservers
- Deploy new applications to a server
- Start and stop existing applications, and modify certain configurations
- Add and delete Java EE resource providers for applications that require data access, mail, URLs, and so on
- Manage variables, shared libraries, and other configurations that can span multiple appservers
- Set product security, including access to the admin console
- Collect data for performance and troubleshooting purposes
- Find WAS version information. It is located on the front page of the console.
Related informationStarting and logging off the admin console
Use the admin console