The scheduler service is a WebSphere programming extension responsible for starting actions at specific times or intervals.
- Task management methods using a scheduler
- The scheduler provides several task management methods.
- Scheduler tasks and Java EE context
- When a task is created using the Scheduler API create() method, the Java EE thread context of the creator is stored with the scheduled task. When the task runs, the original Java EE thread context is reapplied to the thread before calling the customer TaskInfo instance.
- Scheduler daemon
- A scheduler daemon is a background thread that searches for tasks to run in the database.
- Scheduler calendars
- The scheduler provides stateless session bean interfaces which allow creating common calendars which can be used by the scheduler and any Java EE application.