Create a CA client in SSL
A security configuration object, called a CAClient, must be created for WebSphere to communicate with a certificate authority (CA) to request, query, and revoke certificates.
The CAClient object must contain a WSPKIClient() implementation. Users can create their own implementation.
Create a new CA client
- Go to the CA clients panel...Security | SSL certificate and key management | Certificate Authority (CA) client configurations
- Click New to create a new CA client in the configuration.
We can also create a CA client using AdminTask createCAClient
- Fill in the following information...
- Name of the CA client
- Management scope
- WSPKIClient implementation class
- CA server host name
- User name
- Number of times to poll
- Polling interval (minutes) when requesting certificates
- Custom properties
- Click Apply then OK.
Related tasksDevelop the WSPKIClient interface for communicating with a certificate authority