Authorize access to administrative roles
To assign users and groups to Administrative roles...
- Set up the user registry
- From the admin console...Users and Groups > [Administrative User Roles | Administrative Group Roles] > [ Console users | Console groups ] > Add
- Specify user, group name or Special Subject, highlight the Administrator role, and click OK.
- Click Save to save the mappings.
- Stop affected appservers
- Shut down node agents, and the dmgr.
- Verify that Java processes are not running.
- Restart the dmgr.
- Synchronize the nodes.
- Restart the nodes.
- Restart appservers
- Enable security.
Related conceptsRole-based authorization
Access control exception
Administrative roles and naming service authorization
Administrative user roles settings and CORBA naming service user settings
Administrative group roles and CORBA naming service groups
Assign users to naming roles
Propagate administrative role changes to TAM
migrateEAR utility for TAM
Assign users from a foreign realm to the admin-authz.xml
Related tasksAssign users and groups to roles
Assign users to RunAs roles
Authorize access to resources