Configuring a core group transport
When you configure a core group, you can specify the type of network transport that you want the high availability manager to use for network communications.
Before you beginYou should do the following before you start to configure a core group transport:
- Make sure that you are familiar with the content of the Core group transports topic.
- Confirm that all node agents in the core group are running.
- Determine which transport type is appropriate for the core group.
About this task
You need to change the transport setting for a core group if the current transport type does not meet your needs. For example, you might need to increase security, you might want to maximize replication throughput, or a core group might need to use the core group bridge service.Important: If a core group needs to use the core group bridge service, select Channel framework as its transport mechanism. If you select Unicast or Multicast, you might receive error message CHFW0029E, which indicates that the transport chain could not be initialized because the address was already in use.
To change the core group transport for a core group:
- In the administrative console, click Servers > Core groups > Core group settings and select an existing core group or click New if you are creating a new core group.
- Under Transport type, select the type of transport that you want to use for this core group. You can select one of the following types of transports:
- Channel framework, which is the default transport type. Channel framework is a flexible point-to-point transport. If you choose this transport type, also select one of the transport chains that is listed in the Channel chain name field.
- Unicast, which is a point-to-point transport over standard non-secure operating system-level TCP/IP network connection facilities.
- Multicast, which is an IP multicast transport. This type of transport broadcasts all information to all of the other processes in the core group. If you choose this transport type, also specify:
- In the Multicast port field, the port number for this multicast transport. The default port is 23445.
- In the Multicast group IP start field, the first IP address in the range of IP addresses to use for this multicast transport . The default IP address is 22.214.171.124
- In the Multicast group IP end field, the last IP address in the range of IP addresses to use for this multicast transport . The default IP address is 126.96.36.199.
- Click OK, and then click Save.
- Select Synchronize changes with nodes, and then click Save again.
- Restart the servers containing core group members.
ResultsAfter the servers complete their restart, they all use the new transport.