Select the version of a core group protocol
For a large cell, multiple coordinators are recommended.
Before you begin
The high availability manager, by default, uses the original or base 6.0.0 protocol version. Before you upgrade to a newer protocol version, you should make sure that:
Before you change the version of the core group protocol for a particular core group member, make sure that:
- You are familiar with the content of the "Core group protocol versions" topic.
- All core group members with which the new version is associated can support that version. Each member of the core group must be running at a WAS code level (VRM) that is equal to or greater than the new protocol version.
About this task
The high availability manager can use any supported core group protocol versions. However, to ensure that proper communication continues between all core group members, make sure that all member of a particular core group use the same version of a core group protocol.
To change the version of a core group protocol:
- In the administrative console, click Servers > Core groups > Core group settings and select an existing core group.
- Under Additional Properties, click Custom Properties.
- Change the value specified for the IBM_CS_WIRE_FORMAT_VERSION custom property.
If the IBM_CS_WIRE_FORMAT_VERSION property already exists, click on the property name, and specify the appropriate version ID in the Value field.
If this property does not already exist, click New and then specify IBM_CS_WIRE_FORMAT_VERSION in the Name field and the appropriate version ID in the Value field.
The following table lists the supported core group protocol version IDs:
Protocol version ID Description 6.0.0 This is the original or base version. All versions of the high availability manager can use this protocol. If you do not specify a particular protocol version the high availability manager uses this version. 126.96.36.199 This version was included in the v6.2.9 service pack to facilitate core group bridge scalability. This version is recommended for large topologies that contain multiple core groups and core group bridges as part of their configuration. 6.1.0 This version was included in V6.1 to add core group scalability improvements, and more support for large topologies.
- Click OK, and then click Save to save your changes.
- Select Synchronize changes with nodes, and then click Save again.
ResultsYour changes take effect immediately after synchronization completes. The members of the core group pick up these changes dynamically.
Core group custom properties
Core group protocol versions Related tasks
Setting up a high availability environment
WebSphere is a trademark of the IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
IBM is a trademark of the IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.