Changing the number of core group coordinators
For a large cell, multiple coordinators are recommended.
Before you beginBefore you change the number of core group coordinators for a cell:
- Make sure that you are familiar with the content of the Core group coordinator topic.
- Determine the number of coordinators for the core group. A general guideline is approximately one coordinator per 20 core group members.
About this taskChange the number of core group coordinators only if:
- IBM support instructs you to do so.
- You are directed to do so as part of the installation process for another WebSphere product.
- The coordinator process is consuming abnormally high amounts of memory or CPU resources.
- You are scaling up the number of servers in a cell.
To change the number of core group coordinators for a core group:
- In the administrative console, click Servers > Core groups > Core group settings and select an existing core group.
- In the Number of coordinators field, specify the number of coordinators that you want for this core group.
- Click OK, and then click Save.
- Click Synchronize changes with nodes and then click Save again to save your changes.
- If you need to change the list of preferred coordinator servers, click Preferred coordinator servers and then add or delete the appropriate application servers from the list of preferred coordinator servers.
- Click OK, and then click Save to save your changes.
- Select Synchronize changes with nodes, and then click Save again.
ResultsYour changes take effect immediately after synchronization completes. The members of the core group pick up these changes dynamically.