Specifying a core group when creating an application server
By default, a cell contains a single core group. In this situation, whenever you add an application server to that cell, it is automatically added to this core group. However if the cell contains multiple core groups, you must specify the core group to which you want the application server assigned.
Before you beginIf the cell to which you are adding an application server contains multiple core groups, determine the core group to which you want this application server to belong.
About this taskYou have a cell that contains multiple core groups and you want to select the core group to which a newly created application server is added.
To add a newly created node agent to a specific core group:
- In the administrative console, click Servers > Application servers > New .
- Select the node on which you want to create the application server.
- Specify a name for the new application server, and then click Next.
- Select the server template that you want for this application server, and then click Next. Usually, you want to use the template for the default server.
- Select the core group to which you want this application server to belong from the list of available core groups, and then click Next.
- Confirm the selections on the summary presented, and click Finish.
- Click OK, and then click Save to save your changes.
- Select Synchronize changes with nodes and click Save again.
- Restart all members of the core group.
- Start the server.
ResultsAfter the server starts, it becomes a member of the selected core group.
High availability manager Core groups (high availability domains) Related tasks
Specifying a core group when adding a node Setting up a high availability environment