Installing a CIP
Install a customized installation package (CIP) for WAS Network Deployment.
Before you begin
Before you use the installation tools, read this topic to prepare for installation and to learn about installation options. Also read the hardware and software requirements on the Supported hardware and software Web site to get started.
About this task
This topic describes how to install the product using a CIP. A CIP installation runs the installation wizard in graphical interface mode or in silent mode.
The installation wizard performs the following actions:
- Automatically checks prerequisites
- Looks for a previous WebSphere Application Server v6.x installation to determine whether to let you add features to the product binaries or to install a new set of product binaries
- Looks for a previous v6.x installation to determine whether to let you upgrade from a trial installation to the real product
- Installs the necessary product binaries
- Prompts you to create a cell profile, a deployment manager profile, a standalone application server profile, or a custom profile; or prompts you to start the Profile Creation wizard to create a profile
- Plan your installation.
See Planning the installation .
- Prepare your operating platform for installation.
See Preparing the operating system for product installation .
- Review the roadmap for installing the Network Deployment product as described in Roadmap: Installing the Network Deployment product .
- Install the Network Deployment product.
If you cannot use a graphical user interface on your operating system for some reason, use the wizard in silent mode.
Choose an installation scenario to continue the installation:
- Graphical user interface: Perform a typical installation with the wizard as described in tins_typicaln_cip.html.
The typical installation of the product installs all of the features.
- Graphical user interface: Perform a custom installation with the wizard.
The custom installation lets you select features to install.
- Graphical user interface: Install additional features to an existing installation.
After installing the product, install it again to update the system files by installing previously uninstalled features.
- Command-line interface: Perform a silent installation as described in Installing a CIP silently .
A silent installation requires you to edit the response file that contains all of your installation choices. After creating a valid response file, issue the install command with the -silent parameter and the -options parameter from a command window.
The installer program does not support the ISMP-console installation method at this time.
If you encounter a problem such as needing more disk space or temporary space or missing prerequisite packages on your system, cancel the installation, make the required changes, and restart the installation.
You can install a CIP for WAS Network Deployment V6.x by following this procedure.
What to do next
See Fast paths for WebSphere Application Server for information about getting started deploying applications.
Installing a CIP for Network Deployment
Installing CIP features on an existing Network Deployment product
Installing a CIP silently
WebSphere is a trademark of the IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
IBM is a trademark of the IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.