Example: Migrating - Changing process definitions using scripting
Prepare for evolutionary changes with script compatibility support.
The following changes can be made with with script compatibility support.
- HTTP transports: the new architecture for V6.x uses the new channel framework. HTTP definitions are mapped on top of this support. When compatibility mode is chosen, the old HTTPTransport objects are migrated and mapped onto the channel architecture. Existing scripts can modify these objects and will run unchanged.
- Process definition: The name of this object is changed from processDef to processDefs. You can mitigate this change by using the compatibility mode mapping provided by the migration tools. The change to scripts to use the new location is as follows:
- Old example:
- Using Jaclset processDef [$AdminConfig list JavaProcessDef $server1] set processDef [$AdminConfig showAttribute $server1 processDefinition]
Using JythonprocessDef = AdminConfig.list('JavaProcessDef', server1) print processDef
- New example. Identify the process definition belonging to this server and assign it to the processDefs variable:
- Using Jaclset processDefs [$AdminConfig list JavaProcessDef $server1] set processDefs [$AdminConfig showAttribute $server1 processDefinitions]
Using JythonprocessDefs = AdminConfig.list('JavaProcessDef', server1) print processDefs