The convertScriptCompatibility command
The convertScriptCompatibility command is a migration tool used by administrators for converting a configuration from a mode that supports backward compatibility of V5.x administration scripts to a mode that is fully V6.0. This command converts WebSphere Common Configuration Model (WCCM) objects of type processDef to use processDefs as defined in the 6.0 server.xml model. There can be only one occurrence of a processDefs object in a server configuration. If an existing processDefs object is found when performing this conversion, it is used and updated; otherwise a new object is created. The convertScriptCompatibility command also maps existing transport entries to channel support. This affects server.xml and serverindex.xml files. The values of the transport settings are used to create new channel entries.
convertScriptCompatibility.shcommand syntax for Linux and UNIX-based platforms
The command syntax is as followsconvertScriptCompatibility.sh [-help] [-backupConfig true | false] [-profileName profile] [-nodeName node [-serverName servername]] [-traceString trace_spec [-traceFile file_name]]
convertScriptCompatibility.batcommand syntax for Windows platforms
The command syntax is as followsconvertScriptCompatibility.bat [-help] [-backupConfig true | false] [-profileName profile] [-nodeName node [-serverName servername]] [-traceString trace_spec [-traceFile file_name]]
Supported arguments include the following:
- Displays help for this command
- -backupConfig true | false
- An optional parameter used to back up the existing configuration of the current instance. The default is true, to use the backupConfig command to save a copy of the current configuration into the profile/temp directory. Use the restoreConfig command to restore that configuration as required.
- -profileName profile
- An optional parameter used to specify a profile configuration in the V6 environment. If not specified, the default profile will be used. If the default has not been set or cannot be found, the system will return an error.
- -nodeName node -serverName servername
- Optional parameters used to specify a node name and a server name for the program to update. If neither is specified, all nodes and servers in the configuration are converted. When you use -serverName in conjunction with -nodeName, all processing will be limited to the specified node.
- -traceString trace_spec -traceFile file_name
- Optional parameters to gather trace information for IBM Service personnel. Specify a trace specification of "*=all=enabled" (with quotation marks) to gather all trace information.
Migrating product configurations
The clientUpgrade command
WebSphere is a trademark of the IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
IBM is a trademark of the IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.