OverviewEnabling security decreases performance. The following tuning parameters provide ways to minimize this performance impact.
Steps for this task (dependent on configuration)
- Disable security on any application servers that do not need security. You can disable security in the administrative console by clicking Security > Global Security and deselecting the Enable global security option.
- Fine-tune the Cache timeout value on the Global security panel in the administrative console. For more information, see Global security settings.
- Configure the security cache properties. For more information, see Security cache properties.
- Enable the Enable SSL ID tracking option on the Session management panel in the administrative console. For more information, see Session management settings.
- Improve the performance of Web services security by downloading a Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) unlimited jurisdiction policy file that does not have restrictions on cryptography strength. For more information, see Tuning Web services security for v6.0.x applications.
- Read the Secure Sockets Layer performance tips and Tuning security configurations articles for more information.