OverviewStopping an application server stops a server process based on the process definition settings in the current application server configuration.
Steps for this task (dependent on configuration)
- In Windows, use the Start menu to stop your application server. Cllick Start > Programs > IBM WebSphere > Network Deployment v6.0 > Stop the server. When the server stops successfully, the stopServer.log file contains the following in the last two linesServer stop request issued. Waiting for stop status. Server server1 stop completed.
The server name varies depending on your settings.
- Stop the application server from the command line.
In AIX, use the stopServer or the stopManager commands from the /usr/WebSphere/AppServer/bin directory# ./stopServer.sh server1# ./stopManager.sh
- Use the administrative console to stop an application server:
- Click Servers > Application Servers from the administrative console navigation tree to go to the Server collection page.
- Select the application server that you want stopped and click Stop.
- Confirm that you want to stop the application server.
- View the Status value and any messages or logs to see whether the application server stops.
WebSphere is a trademark of the IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
IBM is a trademark of the IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.