Introduction: Client modules
Application Clients for WAS follow several programming models with unique requirements and suitability for different types of applications. Most of these models are only available when you install the product. For a list of supported products and version information, see the Supported Prerequisites Web site.
- ActiveX application client (Windows platforms only)
- WebSphere Application Server provides an ActiveX to EJB bridge that enables ActiveX programs to access WebSphere Enterprise JavaBeans through a set of ActiveX automation objects.
- Applet client (Windows platforms only)
- The applet client provides a browser-based Java run time capable of interacting with enterprise beans directly, instead of indirectly through a servlet.
- J2EE application client
- The J2EE application client programming model provides the benefits of J2EE.
- Pluggable application client (Windows platforms only)
- The pluggable application client is a thin application client that uses the Sun Java run-time environment (JRE) instead of the IBM JRE environment.
- Thin application client
- This application client is a Java application client without the J2EE client container support. It uses a different programming model than the J2EE application client.
ActiveX application clients
J2EE application clients
Pluggable application clients
Thin application clients
WebSphere is a trademark of the IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
IBM is a trademark of the IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.