Assign users to naming roles
The following steps are needed to assign users to naming roles. In the administrative console, expand...Environment | Naming | CORBA Naming Service Users or CORBA Naming Service Groups
- Click Add on the CORBA Naming Service Users or CORBA Naming Service Groups panel.
- To add a new naming service user, enter a user identity in the User field, highlight one or more naming roles, and click OK. If no validation errors occur, the specified user is displayed with the assigned security role.
- To add a new naming service group, either select Specify group and enter a group name or select Select from special subject and then select either EVERYONE or ALL AUTHENTICATED. Click OK. If no validation errors occur, the specified group or special subject is displayed with the assigned security role.
- To remove a user or group assignment, go to the CORBA Naming Service Users or CORBA Naming Service Groups panel. Select the check box next to the user or group that you want to remove and click Remove.
- To manage the set of users or groups to display, expand the Filter folder on the right panel, and modify the filter text box. For example, setting the filter to user* displays only users with the user prefix.
- After modifications are complete, click Save to save the mappings. Restart the server for the changes to take effect.
The default naming security policy is to grant all users read access to the CosNaming space and to grant any valid user the privilege to modify the contents of the CosNaming space. You can perform the previously mentioned steps to restrict user access to the CosNaming space. However, use caution when changing the naming security policy. Unless a J2EE application has clearly specified its naming space access requirements, changing the default policy can result in unexpected org.omg.CORBA.NO_PERMISSION exceptions at run time.
See alsoConsole users settings and CORBA naming service user settings
Administrative console and naming service authorization
Access control exception
Assign users and groups to roles
Assign users to RunAs roles
Console groups and CORBA naming service groups