Access help and product information from the administrative console
This topic describes how to use administrative console help and how to link to product documentation from the administrative console.
Before you beginYou must have a connection to the Internet to access information about WebSphere Application Server from the Welcome page of the administrative console.
OverviewAll of the helps panels that one can access from the administrative console, one can access from the WAS Information Center. This article describes how to access the help panels, the information center, and other product documentation from the administrative console.
Steps for this task (dependent on configuration)
- Click Welcome on the administrative console navigation tree. In the workspace to the right of the navigation tree, select the appropriate links to access the WebSphere Application Server Information Center, the WAS product information, and the WebSphere Application Server technical information on developerWorks.
- Access help in the following ways:
- Click Help on the administrative console task bar to open a new Web browser for online help.
- Click on the Help index tab and select from the list of help panels to view administrative console help information.
- Click on the Search tab, provide search terms, and then click Search. Under Results, select a help panel that contains the search information.
- Click the ? icon on the task bar for the particular administrative console panel to open a new Web browser and view the help panel for the corresponding administrative console panel. The help panel is displayed in the Help index for the administrative console.
- In the help portal that is on the right side of the administrative console panel, do one or all of the following tasks:
- Click a field label or a list marker in the administrative console panel for the help to display under Field help. Alternatively, place the cursor over the field label or the list marker for the corresponding help to display at the cursor.
- Click the link under Page help to access the help panel for the administrative console panel. The help panel is the same help panel that displays when you click the ? icon.
- Expand the task help to view related tasks.
What to do nextYou can continue to access help information from the administrative console. Alternatively, one can access the help information from the WebSphere Application Server Information Center.
You can continue to access the WebSphere Application Server Information Center, the WAS product information, and the WAS technical information on developerWorks from the administrative console. Alternatively one can access the information from the IBM Web site.
Using the administrative console
WebSphere is a trademark of the IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
IBM is a trademark of the IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.