Assembling a Web services-enabled WAR file when starting from WSDLYou need the following artifacts...
- Assembled Web archive (WAR) file containing the enterprise JavaBean (EJB) implementation, all classes generated by the WSDL2Java command tool and a Web deployment descriptor, web.xml.
- A WSDL file
- Complete webservices.xml, ibm-webservices-bnd.xmi, ibm-webservices-ext.xmi, and Java API for XML-based remote procedure call (JAX-RPC) mapping deployment descriptors.
Use the Assembly Toolkit to assemble Web services-enabled WAR files. The Assembly Toolkit replaces the Application Assembly Tool (AAT). It is one of the tools available with the Application Server Toolkit product.
To assemble a Web services-enabled WAR file when starting from WSDL...
- Start the Assembly Toolkit.
- Click File > Import to import the WAR file into the Assembly Toolkit.
- Open the J2EE perspective by clicking Windows >Open Perspective > Other > J2EE.
- Switch to the Project Navigator pane by clicking the Project Navigator tab.
- Locate the project for the WAR file you just imported in the Project Navigator pane.
- Expand the WebContent directory so the WEB-INF directory is displayed. Expand the WEB-INF directory
- Confirm that the WEB-INF/web.xml deployment descriptor for the Web module contains a <servlet> element including the <servlet-name> element. To confirm...
- Double-click Web Deployment Descriptor.
- In the Web Deployment Descriptor editor click the Servlets tab.
- Enter the full path name of the Java bean class implementing the Web service in the Servlet class field.
- Close the editor window to save your change.
- Right-click the WEB-INF directory and select New > Folder. Create a subfolder named wsdl in the WEB-INF directory.
- Copy the WSDL file to the WEB-INF\wsdl directory by right-clicking on the wsdl directory and click File > Import > File system. Browse the WSDL file for this Web service and click Finish.
- Copy the JAX-RPC mapping file as specified by the deployment descriptor <jaxrpc-mapping-file> element of webservices.xml.
- Copy the webservices.xml, ibm-webservices-ext.xmi, ibm-webservices-bnd.xmi deployment descriptors in the WEB-INF subdirectory.
The artifacts required to Web service-enable the Web module is added to the WAR file.
Assemble a Web services-enabled WAR into an EAR file.
See AlsoAssembling a Web services-enabled WAR file
Assembling a Web services-enabled WAR into an EAR file
Assembling a Web services-enabled WAR file when starting from Java code