Update and redeploying secured applications
Before you perform this task, secure Webapplications, secure EJB applications, and deploy them in WAS. This section addresses the way to update existing applications.
- Use the administrative console to modify the existing users and groups mapping to roles.The task titled Assigning users and groups to roles details the required steps.
- Use the administrative console to modify the users for the RunAs roles.The task entitled, Assigning users to RunAs roles details the required steps.
- Complete the changes and save them.
- Stop and restart the application for the changes to become effective.
- Use the Assembly Toolkit to update any other security related information.
- Use the Assembly Toolkit to modify roles, method permissions, auth-constraints, data-constraints and so on.
- Save the EAR file, uninstall the old application, deploy the modified application and start the application to make the changes effective.
The applications are modified and redeployed.
If information about roles is modified make sure you update the user and group information using the administrative console. Once the secured applications are modified and either cycled or redeployed, make sure that the changes are effective by accessing the resources in the application.
See AlsoAssigning users and groups to roles
Assigning users to RunAs roles
Security: Resources for learning