URL resources within an application
J2EE apps can use URLs by looking up references to logically named URL connection factories through the subcontext...java:comp/env/url...which is declared in the application deployment descriptor and mapped to installation specific URL resources.
- Develop an application that relies on naming features.
- Define resource references while assembling your application.
Default, built-in protocols include http, ftp and file. URL resources that use other protocols need to use a custom URL provider.
- Configure URL resources within an application by going to...Admin Console | Resources | URL Providers | URL_provider | URLs
- Configure URL providers and URLs within an application client using the ACRCT (Optional)
- To update or remove existing URL configurations...Admin Console | Resources | URL Providers | URL_Provider | URLs | URL