Manually configuring Lotus Domino Version 6
This task describes how to change configuration settings for Lotus Domino V6.
This topic is one of the optional procedures in Manually configuring supported Web servers.
Follow this procedure to enable the HTTP transport plug-in to work with Lotus Domino Version 6.0.2 and later. The installation wizard does not perform this modification. Perform this manual procedure.
- Start the Domino server.
- Access the file /names.nsf using your Web browser (for example, http://hokie2ks.raleigh.ibm.com/names.nsf). The browser prompts you for a password.
- Give the administrator name and password.
- Click Configuration on the left side of the page.
- Click Servers on the left side of the page.
- Click All Server Documents on the left side of the page.
- Click the server that you intend to have work with WebSphere Application Server, Version 5.
- Click Edit Server on the top-left of the center window.
- Click Internet Protocols in the middle of the page.
- Add the path to the Domino plug-in under DSAPI Section in the middle-right of the page. The plug-in is installed in the bin directory of the WAS installation root. If specifications for filter files for Domino Server Application Programming Interface (DSAPI) already exist, use a space to delimit the plug-in file for WebSphere Application Server.
- Click Save and Close on the upper-left of the center window.
- Define the location of the plugin-cfg.xml configuration file.Linux and UNIX-based platforms...
Set the WAS_HOME environment variable to point to the WAS installation root directory.
Add the Plugin Config variable to the registry under the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > IBM > WebSphere Application Server > 188.8.131.52. Set the value for this variable to the location of the plugin-cfg.xml file, which is $WAS_HOME\config\cells\plugin-cfg.xml.
- Restart the Domino server.When the server starts, information similar to the following example appears02/12/2001 03:05:09 PM JVM: JVM initialized WAS DSAPI filter loaded 02/12/2001 03:05:10 PM HTTP Web Server started
You can configure Version 6 of Lotus Domino to work with WebSphere Application Server, V5.x.
For more information on configuring Lotus Domino to work with WebSphere Application Server, search the Lotus Support Services Web site . Enter the search term WebSphere in the keyword search field.
- Enabling single sign-on for Domino and WebSphere Application Server
- Extended Search installation: Using horizontal clusters in WAS v5.0
- Prompted to authentication again when using single sign-on (SSO) for WAS and Domino
- Some CGI Variables do not work with DSAPI filter, Domino, and WAS
- WAS plug-in can hang when Domino encounters HTTP Error 500
- Must I install WAS Network Deployment before Lotus Workplace Messaging?
To continue preparing your e-business network, return to Manually configuring supported Web servers.
See AlsoManually configuring Apache HTTP Server V1.3
Manually configuring Apache HTTP Server V2.0
Manually configuring Lotus Domino V5
Manually configuring IBM HTTP Server powered by Apache 1.3
Manually configuring IBM HTTP Server powered by Apache 2.0
Manually configuring Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
Manually configuring Sun ONE Web server