Importing enterprise applicationsYou can import an EAR file and define a new enterprise application project using the Assembly Toolkit.
- Start the Assembly Toolkit.
- Click File > Import.Alternatively, you can right-click Enterprise Applications in a view such as the J2EE Hierarchy view and click Import. Or, on Windows platforms, you can drag the EAR file and drop it on a view.
- In the Import dialog, specify the EAR file to import and the project name...
- Click EAR file > Next.
- Specify the EAR file to import. Use Browse to locate the EAR file and specify its full path name.
- (Optional) Specify a new enterprise application project name. A project name is assigned automatically. The project name you specify must be unique within the directory.
- Click Finish.
- Verify the contents of the new enterprise application project in either of the following ways...
- In the J2EE Hierarchy view, expand Enterprise Applications and view the new project.
- Click Window > Show View > Navigator to see the associated files for the enterprise application project in a Navigator view.
See AlsoAssembling applications with the Assembly Toolkit