Enterprise bean and EJB container troubleshooting tips
If you are having problems starting an EJB container, or encounter error messages or exceptions that appear to be generated on by an EJB container, follow these steps to resolve the problem...
- Browse the relevant log files for clues...
- Use the Administrative Console to verify that the appserver which hosts the container is running.
- Browse the JVM log files for the appserver which hosts the container. Look for the message server server open for e-business in the SystemOut.log . If it does not appear, or if you see the message problems occurred during startup, browse the SystemErr.log for details.
- Browse the system log files for the appserver which hosts the container.
- Use the Log Analyzer tool to browse the service log file for more information.
- Enable tracing for the EJB Container component, by using the following trace specification EJBContainer=all=enabled. Follow the instructions for dumping and browsing the trace output to narrow the origin of the problem.
If none of these steps solves the problem, check to see if the problem is identified and documented using the links in Diagnosing and fixing problems: Resources for learning. If you do not see a problem that resembles yours, or if the information provided does not solve your problem, contact IBM support for further assistance.
For current information available from IBM Support on known problems and their resolution, see IBM Support page.
IBM Support has documents that can save you time gathering information needed to resolve this problem. Before opening a PMR, see IBM Support page.
See AlsoTroubleshooting installation problems