Displaying cache information
The dynamic cache monitor is an installable web application (.war) that displays simple cache statistics, cache entries, and cache policy information.
- Use the administrative console to install the cache monitor application from the $WAS_HOME/installableApps directory. The application is named CacheMonitor.ear.Install the cache monitor onto the appserver you are trying to monitor. Install the cache monitor on the admin_host (port 909x) is more secure than installing it on the default_host (908x), and so it is preferable to install it onto the admin_host.
- Access the web application (.war) using a Web browser and the URL http://your host_name:your port_number/cachemonitor, where your port_number is the port associated with the host on which you installed the cache monitor application.
- Verify that the cache monitor is working properly.
- View the Statistics page and verify the cache configuration and cache data. Click Reset Statistics to reset the counters
- View the Cache Policies page to see which cache policies are currently loaded in the dynamic cache. Click on a template to view the cache ID rules for the template.
- View the Cache Contents page to examine the contents currently cached in memory.
- View the ESI Statistics page to view data about the current ESI processors configured for caching. Click Refresh Statistics to see the latest statistics or content from the ESI processors. Click Reset Statistics to reset the counters.
- View the Disk Offload page to view content currently off-loaded from memory to disk.
When viewing contents on memory or disk, click on a template to view all entries for that template, click on a dependency ID to view all entries for the ID, or click on the cache ID to view the entire data cached for that entry.
- Use the cache monitor to perform basic operations on data in a cache.
Remove an entry from cache Click Invalidate when viewing a cache entry.
Remove all entries for a certain dependency ID Click Invalidate when viewing entries for a dependency ID.
Remove all entries for a certain template Click Invalidate when viewing entries for a template.
Move an entry to the front of the Least Recently Used queue to avoid eviction Click Refresh when viewing a cache entry.
Move an entry from disk to cache Click Send to Memory when viewing a cache entry on disk.
Clear the entire contents of the cache Click Clear Cache while viewing statistics or contents.
Clear the contents on the ESI processors Click Clear Cache while viewing ESI statistics or contents.
Clear the contents of the disk cache Click Clear Disk while viewing disk contents.
See AlsoUsing the dynamic cache service to improve performance