Configure the service logBy default, the service log is shared among all server processes for a node. The configuration values for the service log are inherited by each server process from the node configuration. You can configure a separate service log for each server process by overriding the configuration values at the server level.
- Start the administrative console.
- Click Troubleshooting > Logs and Trace > server > IBM Service Logs.
- Select the Enable box to enable the service log, clear the check box to disable the log.
- Set the name for the service log. The default name is $WAS_HOMEectory/logs/activity.log. If the name is changed, the run time requires write access to the new file, and the file must use the .log extension.
- Set the maximum file size. Specifies the number of megabytes to which the file can grow. When the file reaches this size, it wraps, replacing the oldest data with the newest data.
- Set the message filter level to the desired state.
- Save the configuration.
- Restart the server to apply the configuration changes.
See AlsoIBM service log settings