Configure external cache groupsThe dynamic cache can control caches outside of the appserver, such as IBM Edge Server, an IBM HTTP Server for distributed platforms' Fast Response Cache Accelerator (FRCA) cache, and a WebSphere HTTP Server for distributed platforms plug-in ESI Fragment Processor. When external cache groups are defined, the dynamic cache matches externally cacheable cache entries with those groups, and pushes cache entries and invalidations out to those groups. This allows WAS to manage dynamic content beyond the application server. The content can then be served from the external cache, instead of the appserver, improving savings in performance.
- Open the administrative console.
- Enable the dynamic cache.
- Click Servers > Application Servers in the administrative console navigation tree.
- Click a server.
- Click Dynamic Cache Service.
- Select the check box in the Startup state field to enable the dynamic cache.
- Define the external cache group in which WebSphere Application Server should control.
- Click External Caching Groups from the Dynamic Cache administrative console page.
- Click New or choose an external cache group from the list.
- Configure cache group members.
- Click External cache groups from the Dynamic Cache administrative console page. Then click New or choose an external cache group from the list.
- Click External cache group members > New or choose an external cache group member from the list.
- Type the configuration string in the Address field.
- Type the adapter bean name in the Adapter Bean Name field.
- Save the configuration.
- Click Apply or OK.
See AlsoExternal cache group collection
External cache group settings
External cache group member collection
External cache group member settings