Configure new JMS providers with the ACRCT
This page shows how to create new JMS provider configurations for application clients using the ACRCT tool. The application client makes use of a messaging service through the JMS APIs. A JMS provider provides two kinds of J2EE factories. One is a JMS Connection factory, and the other is a JMS destination factory.
In a separate administrative task, install the JMS client on the client machine where the application client resides. The messaging product vendor must provide an implementation of the JMS client.
- Start the ACRCT tool and open the EAR file for which you want to configure the new JMS provider. The EAR file contents will be displayed in a tree view.
- From the tree, select the JAR file in which you want to configure the new JMS provider.
- Expand the JAR file to view its contents.
- Click the JMS Providers folder. Complete one of the following actions:
- Right click the folder and select New Provider.
- On the menu bar, click Edit > New.
- In the resulting property dialog, configure the JMS provider properties.
- Click OK when finished.
- Click File -> Save on the menu bar to save your changes.