Rolling back a fix pack in interactive modeIf the fix pack that you installed is not working, you can uninstall it in interactive mode using IBM Installation Manager.
Before you beginEnsure that you have restored your databases.
You can also use a silent method to uninstall fix packs. For more information, see the Rolling back a fix pack in silent mode topic.
About this taskTo uninstall fix packs in interactive mode...
- Stop all clusters in your deployment.
- From the IM_root directory, run the file to start IBM Installation Manager:
- AIX or Linux: ./launcher
- Windows 32-bit: launcher.exe
- Click Roll Back.
- Select the fix packs to uninstall and click Next. Ensure that IBM Connections is shown in the Package Group Name column and that the correct update version is shown under Installed Packages and Fixes. Click Next.
- Select the target check box and click Next.
- Review the summary information. Click Roll Back to uninstall the selected fix pack.
- Review the result of the update. Click Finish to exit the wizard.
- When the uninstallation is complete, synchronize all the nodes and restart all the clusters.
ResultsTo check the details of the uninstallation, open the log files in the lotus_connections_root/logs directory. Each IBM Connections application that you uninstalled has a log file, using the following naming format: <application_name>Uninstall.log, where <application_name> is the name of an IBM Connections application. If you added new applications, check the <application_name>Install.log file as well. To check the details of updated applications, open the <application_name>Update.log file.
Parent topicUninstall fixes
Rolling back a fix pack in silent mode
Submitted by Jing Yao on Feb 16, 2012 9:46:02 PM
Re: Rolling back a fix pack in interactive mode
Note: If you have failed during the rollback, you could restore the environment by restoring all those backed up files that are backed up before installing fixpack.