Reviewing the JVM heap sizeReview the size of the Java™ Virtual Machine heap and adjust it, if necessary, to avoid out-of-memory errors or to suit your hardware capabilities.
About this task
If you selected the Small or Medium deployment option when you installed IBM Connections, IBM Installation Manager set the Maximum Heap Size of the JVM on each application server. This setting is designed to avoid out-of-memory errors.
Review the heap size on each server to ensure that you are allocating enough memory for IBM Connections. You should also ensure that you are not allocating more memory than the physical capabilities of the systems where the JVMs are deployed. Whether you installed a Small, Medium, or Large deployment of IBM Connections, you should review the JVM heap sizes in your deployment and make adjustments, if necessary.
To review the JVM heap size...
- Log into the WAS Integrated Solutions Console and select Servers -> Server Type -> WebSphere application servers.
- Click <server>, where <server> is the name of an IBM Connections server. You might have several servers in your deployment, so you might need to repeat these steps for each server.
- In the Server Infrastructure area, click Java and Process Management and then click Process Definition -> Java Virtual Machine.
- Review the Maximum heap size. IBM Installation Manager sets the following values for Small and Medium deployments:
- 32-bit system:
Maximum Heap Size
- 64-bit system:
Maximum Heap Size
Note: Ensure that you are not allocating more memory than the physical capacity of the system where the JVM is installed.
- Adjust the current values of the heap size up or down to suit the needs of your deployment and your hardware capabilities.
- Click OK and then click Save.
- Repeat these steps for any additional servers in your deployment.
Parent topicMandatory post-installation tasks
August 30, 2011
Aug 30, 2011 1:38:18 PM Removed "Before you begin" section. 1 Submitted by Dimitri Prosper on Aug 17, 2011 5:08:25 PM
Re: Reviewing the JVM heap size
I believe this statement is not correct since the installer does not do it for you. "if you selected the Large deployment option when you installed IBM Connections, you do not need to perform this task."