Retrieve blog postsTo retrieve a post from a blog, use the edit link found in the blog post entry in the blog's weblog Entries feed.
You can use this operation to obtain blog post information that you want to preserve prior to performing an update. See Update blog entries for more information. This method returns the Atom entry of a single blog post as opposed to a feed of all the posts. If you want to retrieve a feed, see Search all blog posts.
See Authenticating requests for information about how to authenticate the request.
To retrieve a blog post...
- Retrieve the Blogs service document. See Retrieve the Blogs service document.
- In the service document, find the workspace for the blog from which you want to retrieve the post, and then retrieve the web address of the "weblog Entries" collection in that workspace.
- Send a GET request to the weblog Entries collection.
- In the returned feed, find the entry and note down the value of the href attribute of its <link rel="edit" type="application/atom+xml" ... > element.
- Send a GET request to the web address defined in the href attribute.
Table 1. Atom API request details
Method Resource URI Output representation GET blog post Value of the href attribute of <link rel="edit"> element of each entry in the weblog Entries feed or the web address returned in the HTTP location header when the blog post was created. blog post
OutputAn Atom entry document containing the blog post.
Returned HTTP headers
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Indicates that the blog post was successfully found and returned. If an error occurs, this header will contain one of the error codes below.
Indicates that the document returned contains data in Atom format.
- HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
- HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Parent topicWork with blog posts
Update blog posts
Blog posting content
Getting a feed of recent posts for a blog
Getting a list of recommenders