Retrieve a forum topic or reply awaiting approvalTo retrieve a forum topic or reply that is waiting to be approved, use the edit link found in the topic or reply.
You can use this operation to obtain forum topic or reply information that you want to preserve prior to performing an update. See Update a forum topic or reply awaiting approval for more information. This method returns the Atom entry of a single topic or reply as opposed to a feed of all the entries.
See Authenticating requests for information about how to authenticate the request.
To retrieve a forum topic or reply that is awaiting approval...
- Retrieve the moderation service document. See Retrieve the Forums moderation service document for more details.
- In the service document, find the collection with the <atom:category term="approval-content" .../> child element, and make a note of the web address in its href attribute.
- Send a GET request to the web address you copied from the previous step. In the returned feed, find the topic or reply that you want to update, and make a note of the web address for it, which is specified in the href attribute of its rel=edit link.
- Send a GET request to the URL that you noted in the previous step to retrieve the Atom document for the topic or reply.
Table 1. Atom API request details
Method Resource URI Output representation GET forum topic or reply Value of the href attribute of <link rel="edit"> element of each entry in the Post-moderated Entries feed forum topic or reply
OutputAn Atom entry document containing the forum topic or reply.
Returned HTTP headers
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Indicates that the forum topic or reply was successfully found and returned. If an error occurs, this header will contain one of the error codes below.
Indicates that the document returned contains data in Atom format.
- HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
- HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Parent topicWork with forum topics and replies that are awaiting approval