Retrieve a flagged comment on a community fileTo retrieve a flagged community file comment, use the edit link found in the comment entry.
You can use this operation to obtain information that you want to preserve prior to performing an update. See Update a flagged comment on a community file for more information. This method returns the Atom entry of a single comment as opposed to a feed of all the comments.
See Authenticating requests for information about how to authenticate the request.
To retrieve a flagged comment...
- Retrieve the moderation service document. See Retrieve the Files moderation service document for more details.
- In the service document, locate the workspace with the <category term="comments-moderation" .../> child element, and then find the collection with the <atom:category term="review-content" .../> child element, and make a note of the web address in its href attribute.
- Send a GET request to the web address you copied from the previous step. In the returned feed, find the entry that represents the comment that you want to retrieve, and make a note of the web address for it, which is specified in the href attribute of its rel=edit link.
- Send a GET request to the URL that you noted in the previous step to retrieve the Atom document for the comment entry.
Table 1. Atom API request details
Method Resource URI Output representation GET comment entry Value of the href attribute of <link rel="edit"> element of each entry in the Flagged Comments feed. comment entry
OutputAn Atom entry document containing the comment entry.
Returned HTTP headers
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Indicates that the comment was successfully found and returned. If an error occurs, this header contains one of the error codes.
Indicates that the document returned contains data in Atom format.
- HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
- HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Parent topicWork with flagged community file comments