Retrieve a blog commentTo retrieve a blog posting comment, use the edit link found in the comment entry in the blog's Comments Atom publishing collection.
Blog owners and administrators can use this operation to see full comment information. Keep in mind that you cannot update a comment. The blog owner or administrator can delete a comment. This method returns the Atom entry of a single comment as opposed to a feed of all the comments. If you want to retrieve a feed or are not an owner or administrator, see Getting a feed of the comments added to a blog instead.
See Authenticating requests for information about how to authenticate the request.
To retrieve a comment...
- Retrieve the Blogs service document. See Retrieve the Blogs service document.
- In the service document, locate the workspace for the blog, locate the Comment Entries Atom collection within the workspace, and then copy the web address in the href attribute of the Comments collection.
- Send a GET request to the web address you copied from the previous step. In the returned feed, find the comment entry that you want to retrieve, and make a note of the web address for it, which is specified in the href attribute of its rel=edit link.
- Send a GET request to the web address of the edit link of the comment that you noted in the previous step.
Table 1. Atom API request details
Method Resource URI Output representation GET comment Value of the href attribute of <link> element that contains a rel="edit" attribute value for each entry in the feed retrieved from the Comments Atom publishing collection address located in the blog's workspace in the Blogs service document. comment
OutputA comment Atom entry document.
Returned HTTP Headers
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Indicates that the comment was successfully found and returned. If an error occurs, this header will contain one of the error codes below.
Indicates that the document returned contains data in Atom format.
- HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
- HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
- HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Parent topicCommenting on blog posts
Blogs comment content
Retrieve the Blogs service document
Blogs service document content
Getting a feed of the comments added to a blog