Remove sections from the help system's table of contents
If you installed a subset of the IBM® Connections applications, remove the help files associated with the applications that you did not install from the product's help system.
Before you begin
This procedure is not required. The help system enables users to get from the help for one application to another application by providing a table of contents that lists each application as a separate section and includes help topics within the section. However, if you choose to install only a subset of the available applications, manually remove the other help sections from the help system after installing the product or users see help for applications to which they do not have access.
- Start the wsadmin client from the following directory of the system on which you installed the deployment manager:
Note: You must start the client from this directory or subsequent commands that you try to run will not execute properly. See Starting the wsadmin client for more details.
- Enter the following command to access the IBM Connections configuration files:
If prompted to specify a service to connect to, type 1 to pick the first node in the list. Most commands can run on any node. If the command writes or reads information to or from a file using a local file path, pick the node where the file is stored. This information is not used by the wsadmin client when you are making configuration changes.
- Enter the following command to specify which applications you want to include in the help system's table of contents:
- <temp_directory> is the name of a temporary directory on your system. The directory you specify can be any directory, but it must exist before you enter the command. When you enter the command, an XML file called helpData.xml is added to this directory and is used by the command.
AIX and Linux only: The directory must grant write permissions or the command does not complete successfully.
- <application_name> is the name of the application whose help section you want to include in the table of contents. List each application name separated by commas. The options are:
For example, if you installed all of the applications except Wikis, you can run the following command to remove the Wikis section from the help system:LCConfigHelp.setHelp("c:/temp","activities","blogs","bookmarks","communities","files","forums","homepage","profiles","wikis")
- To force the table of contents in the help system to reflect the change, shut down each node and delete its temporary help directory. For example, delete the following directory: C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\temp\enterpriseNode01\cluster1_server1\Help. This directory is recreated when the server restarts.
Parent topicAdminister applications
Starting the wsadmin client
February 6, 2012 7:04:54 AM by Wannes Rams
Feb 6, 2012 7:04:54 AM Wannes Rams 1 Submitted by Wannes Rams on Feb 6, 2012 7:04:16 AM
Re: Removing sections from the help system's table of contents
Step 3 has Wikis missing