Remove a person's or a group's accessIf one or more people leave the company, you can prevent them from being able to access the applications by removing that user or group from the LDAP directory.
Before you beginDo not attempt to delete all of the data or content created by the person.
- Remove the person from the company LDAP directory.
- Use the new synchronization commands to mark the person inactive in the application databases. You must run the synchronization command on each application database separately.
For example, to mark the person as inactive in the Communities database, run the following command where ExternalID is the external ID of the user who has left the company:
See the administrative command topics for each application for more details on the syncMemberByExtID commands.
- Optional: Perform the steps that are appropriate for your implementation of the product.
- If the person who left was the sole owner of an activity that other people still use, add one or more additional owners to the activity, so that it can continue to be managed by someone. To add owners to an activity, perform the steps in this procedure: Manage member access to activities. Use the setOwnerAccess command in the list of options in Step 6 to add one or more people to the owner role in the member list of the activity.
- To edit or delete a blog owned by a specific person, complete the steps in this procedure: Administer Blogs users
- To remove bookmarks created by a specific person from the Bookmarks application, complete the steps in the this procedure: Delete unnecessary links. See the deleteLinkByPerson command options.
- To remove a person's profile, complete the steps in this procedure: Synchronize LDAP directory changes with Profiles.
- To remove files owned by a specific person, complete the steps in this procedure: Delete user files from the system
- If the person who left was the sole owner of a wiki that other people still use, add one or more additional owners to the wiki, so that it can continue to be managed by someone. To add owners to a wiki, perform the steps in the topic named How do I add and remove wiki members? in the Wikis help.
How do I add and remove wiki members?