Registering the DB2 product license keyRegister the DB2 product license key for the version of DB2 that is included with IBM Connections.
Before you begin
Only perform this procedure if you are using the version of DB2 that was included with IBM Connections. If you installed IBM Connections and DB2 from the product DVD, the license key was already provided.
If you used DB2 with an earlier version of IBM Connections, your installation of DB2 is already registered and you can skip this task.
Note: Install DB2 before beginning this task but do not create any application databases until after you have completed this task.
About this task
To register the DB2 product license key...
- Navigate to the IBM Passport Advantage web site and log in.
Note: If you installed IBM Connections and DB2 from the product DVD, the license key was already provided. You can skip Steps 1-3 and begin at Step 4.
- Choose Find by Part Number and search for part number CZ381ML.
- Download the part and extract the DB2_ESE_Restricted_QS_Activation_97.zip file, making a note of the download location.
- Log into DB2 using an ID with SYSADM authority.
- Open a command prompt, change to the directory where the license file is stored, and run the following command:
Note: On the DVD image, the license is stored in the DB2.License directory.
db2licm -a <path_to_lic_file>/db2ese_o.lic
where <path_to_lic_file> is the directory to which you extracted the db2ese_o.lic file.
Note: For more information about using the db2licm command, see the DB2 information center.
- Verify that the license is registered...
If the license is correctly registered, the details of your DB2 installation are displayed.
- Restart DB2.
What to do next
Create your IBM Connections application databases.
Parent topicCreate databases
Create multiple database instances
Create a dedicated DB2 user
Create databases with the database wizard
Create databases with SQL scripts
Enable NO FILE SYSTEM CACHING for DB2 on System z
April 11, 2011 9:42:31 AM
Apr 11, 2011 9:42:31 AM removed reference to Lotus 1