Receiving information from IBM SupportOccasionally an IBM technical-support representative might ask you to download diagnostic tools or other files. You can use FTP to download these files.
Before you beginEnsure that your IBM technical-support representative provided you with the preferred server to use for downloading the files and the exact directory and file names to access.
ProcedureTo download files from IBM Support:
- Use FTP to connect to the site that your IBM technical-support representative provided and log in as anonymous. Use your email address as the password.
- Change to the appropriate directory:
- Change to the /fromibm directory.
- Change to the directory that your IBM technical-support representative provided.
- Enable binary mode for your session.
- Use the get command to download the file that your IBM technical-support representative specified.
- End your FTP session.
Parent topicExchanging information with IBM