Post ideas to an Ideation BlogUpdate your community's Ideation Blog to share your latest ideas with fellow community members.
Before you beginYou must be a community member to contribute an idea to an Ideation Blog.
About this taskIf your community has an Ideation Blog and you have the appropriate access level, you can add your own ideas to the Ideation Blog directly from the community.
- Open the community's Overview page.
- In the Ideation Blog area, click Contribute an idea. The New Idea form opens in the Blogs user interface.
- Enter a title in the Title field.
- Click Add Tags to add keywords that categorize your idea and make it easier to find later.
- Enter your idea in the Idea text field.
- Click Advanced Settings to control the following settings:
- Allow characters to be converted into emoticons.
- Delay posting an idea until a time and date that you specify.
- Limit the number of days for posting comments for the idea.
- Specify a custom URL that points to the idea.
- Include an external media link, such as a video.
- Do one of the following:
- To publish your idea, click Post.
- To save your idea as a draft without publishing it, click Save as Draft.
- To review your idea before posting it, click Preview.
What to do nextYou can vote and comment on other people's ideas in the Ideation Blog, or graduate your own ideas when you think they have enough support from the community. For more information about what you can do with ideas, see Use an Ideation Blog. You can also click the Help link at the top of the page.
When you are finished working with the Ideation Blog, you can return to the community by clicking any of the community page links on the left of the page.
Parent topicUse an Ideation Blog in your community
What is an Ideation Blog?
Add an Ideation Blog to your community
Use an Ideation Blog
Manage an Ideation Blog