Modifying the installation in interactive modeModify your deployment of IBM Connections by adding or removing applications.
About this taskUse the Modify function of the IBM Installation Manager to add or remove IBM Connections applications.
To modify your installation...
- Open a command prompt and change to the IM_root directory.
- Run the following command:
- AIX or Linux: ./launcher
- Windows: launcher.exe
- From the IBM Installation Manager menu, click File -> Preferences.
- In the left pane of the IBM Installation Manager, click Repositories.
- In the Repositories area, select the repositories that you want to modify.
- Click OK to save your selections.
- Click Modify.
- Select IBM Connections and click Next.
- In the Application Selection page, choose the applications you want to add or remove and then click Next.
- Add applications: Select the check boxes of any applications that are not already installed and that you want to add to your deployment.
- Remove applications: Clear the check boxes of any installed applications that you want to remove from your deployment. The News and Search applications are required and can't be removed.
Note: Note: All installed applications are selected by default.
- Enter the administrative ID and password of the dmgr.
Note: This ID is set to the connectionsAdmin J2C authentication alias, which is mapped to the following J2EE roles: dsx-admin, widget-admin, and search-admin. It is also used to by the service integration bus. If you plan to use security management software such as Tivoli Access Manager or SiteMinder, the ID that you specify here must exist in the LDAP directory so that it can be recognized by that software. For more information, see the Switching to unique administrator IDs for system level communication topic.
- Configure your topology:
Note: The panel described in this step appears only if you selected new applications to install.
- Select a topology solution. For more information about each option, see the Deployment options topic.
- Enter the application cluster name for each application.
Note: IBM Installation Manager creates servers and clusters when required.
- Accept the predefined node selection or select a different node.
Note: These nodes host application server instances that host IBM Connections applications. You can assign multiple nodes to a cluster, where each node is a server member of that cluster.
- Enter the server member name for the selected node. Choose the default or enter a custom name.
Note: If you enter a custom server member name, the name must be unique across all nodes in your deployment.
- Enter the database information.
Note: The panel described in this step appears only if you selected new applications to install and if the new applications require database configuration.
- Specify whether the installed applications use the same database server or instance: Select Yes or No.
Note: If allowed by your database configuration, you can select multiple database instances as well as different database servers.
- Select a database type from one of the following options:
- IBM DB2 Universal Database™
- Oracle Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Edition
- Enter the location of the JDBC driver library. For example:
- Ensure that the following JDBC driver libraries are present in the JDBC directory:
db2jcc.jar and db2jcc_license_cu.jar
Download the SQL Server JDBC 2 driver from the Microsoft website to a local directory and enter that directory name in the JDBC driver library field.
The directory must not contain the sqljdbc.jar file, only the sqljdbc4.jar file. Even though the datasource is configured to use the sqljdbc4.jar file, an exception occurs if both files are present in the same directory.
IBM recommends that you obtain this Microsoft hotfix for the JDBC 2 driver for production deployments.
- Enter the Host name of the database server. For example:appserver.enterprise.example.com
If your installed applications use different database servers, enter the database host name for each application.
- Enter the Port of the database service. The default values are: 50000 for DB2, 1521 for Oracle, and 1433 for SQL Server.
If your installed applications use different database servers or instances, enter the database port for each application.
- Enter the database user ID and password for each application.
If your database type is Oracle, connect to the database with the user ID that you used when you created the application databases.
- Click Validate to verify your database settings. If the validation fails, check your database settings. When the validation succeeds, click Next.
IBM Installation Manager tests your database connection with the database values that you supplied. You can change the database configuration later in the WAS Integrated Solutions Console.
- In the summary panel, confirm your selection and click Modify.
- When the modification process is complete, restart the dmgr and all the nodes.
Note: Wait until the DM copies all the application EAR files to the installedApps directory on each of the nodes. This process can take up to 30 minutes. To find out if the process is complete, log into each node and go to the installedApps directory and check all the application EAR files have been fully extracted. The default path is . e.g. app_server_root/profiles/AppSrv01/installedApps.
Parent topicInstall IBM Connections
Configure media galleries
Install as a non-root user
Install IBM Connections 3.0.1
Modifying the installation in silent mode
September 19, 2011 9:58:44 AM
Sep 19, 2011 9:58:44 AM 1